Monitor Hood Benefits:
- 1.) Creating a shaded environment helps to achieve screen color consistency for accurate and reliable color calibration for color-critical applications such as computer graphics and desktop publishing. Photodon monitor hoods mentioned in Photo Techniques Magazine, Sept/Oct 2003, article “Calibrating the Digital Darkroom”
- 2.) Most office environments are lit from above with fluorescent lights, which are great for the reading of paper documents. The same lighting causes screen image washout and a loss of screen contrast. The monitor hood is most effective in reducing this type of ambient (surrounding) light and creates a shaded environment.
- 3.) Light streaming in through windows can cause screen washout, depending on monitor position. Screen washout may only occur for a few minutes a day but sometimes lasts for up to several hours. The length and quality of washouts can change daily and with the shifting of the seasons.
- 4.) A monitor hood provides privacy, especially in areas where computers are side by side, such as in libraries, computer labs, cyber-cafes, classrooms and the workplace. Also, in an area where sensitive materials and documents are handled, such as banks and law offices, a hood will keep confidential information secure in sensitive environments.
- 5.) Reducing the amount of glare on your screen can help reduce eyestrain. Because the eyes play such a large roll in processing information for the screen viewer, any reduction in screen glare can have health benefits including a reduction in eyestrain, fatigue and headaches.
We offer adjustable Monitor Hoods which can be customized to fit your specific needs. We also offer many Hoods to fit iMac, Apple Cinemas, and Hoods for laptops. Visit our Monitor Hood page for more information or to make a purchase. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us! Remember that we’re FaceBook so find our Fan Page and we’re also on Twitter now so feel free to follow us!