Monitor hoods can solve issues with
glare and privacy on monitor screens.
Photodon® offers two types of monitor hoods: the office style monitor hood, and the versatile indoor-outdoor shade monitor hood. Our hoods are custom made to fit your needs.
This hood material is manufactured in the USA and was chosen for its rich tactile quality, and superior performance. It is easy to maintain. Laminated with low light transmittance gray inside material and a thick fiberboard, this decorative cover material is strong and durable. Excellent for use in the home and office.
Features of Both Hood Types:
- Reduces glare and eye fatigue
- Shades from window, overhead and outdoor lighting
- Increases privacy between adjacent computers
- Provides privacy from side viewing
- Protects the computer
- Testing Facilities
- Voting Booths
- Showroom Kiosks
- Financial Institutions
- Design Studios
- Open Office Environments
- Each hood is custom made to your specs
- Fits snuggly around device
- Secure attachment methods
- Easy installation and removal
- Folds down for easy storage
- A one-piece top front edge
- Easily cleaned
Elastic Cord Attachment | Hook and Loop Fastener
2023 Office Hood Design Changes:
- NEW Outer Material
- NEW Inner Material
- NEW Front bar
- NEW 3-piece configuration
- NEW Design for Curved Monitor Office Hoods
- Widths are customizable
|Photodon Standard Adjustable Monitor Hoods
|Standard Adjustable 20-25-inch Width Monitor Hood
|Standard Adjustable 25-29-inch Width Monitor Hood
|Standard Adjustable 29-34-inch Width Monitor Hood
Features of Indoor-Outdoor Shade Hoods:
- Made of lightweight 3/16" corrugated plastic that is rigid, durable, dirt, grease and water-resistant
- Height, width, and depth can be customized up to 96" (top and sides)
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Easily removed and installed
- Can be applied to monitor or to a flat surface
- Adhesive-backed hook and loop fastener low profile attachment
- Hood is fully assembled (hook and loop fastener adhesive is applied by consumer)
- Hood Care: Can be cleaned with commercial-grade cleaners. The hood is submersible.
Features of Office Monitor Hoods:
- Durable outer mat-board material
- Light-absorbing, gray inner woven material is ideal for professional users who need to maintain true colors, calibration door options available
- Calibration door options available
- Option to be custom made to fit your monitor up to 84"
- Comes in 8" depth
- Attaches with elastic cord and cord locks
- Hood is fully assembled
- Hood Care: The outside surface can be cleaned with a glass cleaner or a mild solution cleaner. It can also be polished with automotive vinyl cleaner. Do not submerge or allow the edges to get wet
Features of Custom Monitor Hoods:
Customizable depths – from 4" slim to 10.5" wide – standard depth 8".• Slim design
• Best for lightweight screen supports
• Depth range 4"-10.5" for office hood
• Depth range 4"-23" for indoor-outdoor hood
8" Depth Dual• No center support to block your view
• Adjustable from straight to 45 degrees
Monitor Hood Pros and Cons:
Is a monitor hood or an anti-glare material right for you? Here are some ideas to consider as you make a decision.....
|Monitor Hood Pros - The benefits of a monitor hood versus an anti-glare screen protector
|Regarding Image Clarity
|A monitor hood cuts down glare without compromising image clarity.
|while high anti-glare screen protectors can cause pixeling and decreased image clarity.
|Regarding Color Calibration
|A monitor hood allows for accurate color calibration.
|while anti-glare screen protectors can cause decreased image quality and may inhibit proper color calibration.
|Monitor hoods provide an ideal amount of privacy for computers adjacent to each other.
|while standard anti-glare materials do not provide privacy. However we do have Privacy Filters as well to help with privacy issues.
|Eye Fatigue & Glare Reduction In Ambient Light
|A monitor hood aids eye fatigue and glare reduction by eliminating ambient light from overhead and side light sources.
|Anti-glare screen protectors allow for glare reduction and relief from eye fatigue, but do not reduce ambient light from hitting the screen.
|Monitor Hood Cons - When a screen protector makes better sense than a monitor hood
|Hoods are limited in size to monitors and TVs up to 48 inches for office hoods, and up to 96 inches for indoor-outdoor hoods..
|while anti-glare screen protectors are available for all flat screens up to 100" diameter.
|A monitor hood does not shield a screen's surface, therefore cannot prevent scratches or smudges.
|while screen protectors shield screen from scratches, smudges and other wear and tear.
Monitor Hood Blog Articles
Create A Portable Mini-Cubicle With A Photodon Monitor Hood
Tips For Better Screen Viewing In The Workplace
Ten Ways To Reduce Glare On Computer Monitors